Pomelo originates from Thanh Tan commune, Mo Cay Bac district, Ben Tre province. Up to now, this variety has been propagated and grown in many other places, but Ben Tre is still a famous land for its yield and quality. Pomelo has been recognized as a national variety by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam and exported to many different markets around the world.
On average, Pomelo weighs from 1.2 to over 1.4 kg/fruit. Pomelo rind is green or yellowish green when ripe, thin, and easy to be peeled. Pomelo flesh is red-pink, tight and easily separated from segments. It has a sweet and non-sour taste with a unique fragrance. In addition to its deliciousness, Pomelo also contains many good nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamin B2, vitamin P, carotene, insulin, and so on, and microelements such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, etc.
Perhaps thanks to its nutritional value, pomelo is known as a fruit that can treat many diseases:
- Abundant potassium has an ideal therapeutic effect for people with kidney disease and cerebrovascular disease. In addition, fresh pomelo flesh contains insulin, which is also very good for people with diabetes.
- Vitamin P strengthens the function of pores in the skin to heal wounds quickly.
- Low content of calories is very effective for weight loss and natural skin beautification. This is the most suitable fruit for girls in the autumn and winter.
- Vitamin C in pomelo reduces cholesterol in the blood and supports the absorption of calcium and iron for better physical health. The skin mask made from pomelo juice has the effects of moisturizing and preventing wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Pomelo rind has the effect of promoting blood circulation, and improving metabolism. In addition, its flavor can also eliminate fatigue and relieve stress.
- Regularly eating pomelo is very effective for the treatment of patients with high blood pressure
- The “quinine” in pomelo is useful in the treatment of malaria and colds. In particular, it is capable of relieving stress and fatigue with just a cup of pomelo juice mixed with squeezed lemon juice.
Contact us to order: